Part 2 of a 3 part series
- Increased selling expenses.
- Increased overhead expenses.
- Significant adverse deviations from budget.
- Significant increase in a particular line item’s cost.
Steps to Improve: MARKETING / SERVICE / SHIPPING
- Marketing: Test your marketing results against measurable standard.
- Marketing: Use targeted data base to improve direct mail lists.
- Marketing: Improve use of yellow pages with selective, thought-out use.
- Marketing: Improve distribution of flyers and brochures.
- Marketing: Weigh use of sales reps vs employees.
- Marketing: Piggy back ads, flyers, brochures and trade show booths.
- Marketing: Use party sales.
- Marketing: Use seminar sales.
- Service contracts are a form of insurance; follow insurance guidelines.
- Shipping Cost: Charge client; explore local options; shop express mail; review policy.