Part 4 of a 6 part series
- Increased administrative expenses.
- Increased overhead expenses.
- Significant adverse deviations from budget.
- Significant increase in a particular line item’s cost.
Steps to Improve: CUTTING SUPPLY & TELEPHONE COSTS
- Office Expense: Cut personal use of phones, copiers and postage.
- Office Supplies: Shop around.
- Office Supplies: Choose the right vendor.
- Office Supplies: Comparison shop supply prices.
- Office Supplies: Obtain the lowest price.
- Office Supplies: Slash your paper costs.
- Supplies: Lock the supply closet.
- Supplies: Control access to inventory and use.
- Telephone: Limit personal calls; reduce long distance; reduce charges.
- Telephone: Use long distance resellers.
- Telephone: Fax – don’t call.
- Telephone: Use fax machine to speed collections and trim expenses.
- Telephone: Use Internet e-mail; don’t call or fax.
- Telephone: Monitor unusual long distance patterns.
- Telephone: Monitor monthly phone charges.