Part 5 of a 6 part series
- Increased administrative expenses.
- Increased overhead expenses.
- Significant adverse deviations from budget.
- Significant increase in a particular line item’s cost.
Steps to Improve: PRINTING, RENT & MISC. COSTS
- Payroll Service: Farm out payroll chores to an outside automated service.
- Postage and Shipping: Analyze costs – what and how shipped; reimbursements.
- Printing: A do-it-yourself activity.
- Printing: Use the right printer.
- Printing: Control printing costs.
- Recruiting Fees: Seek alternatives to them such as networking, employees, schools.
- Rent: Sublet unused office space.
- Rent: Share your space.
- Rent: Renegotiate your lease to reduce your occupancy costs.
- Rent: Renegotiate lease terms to mesh with business cycles.
- Rent: Shift to short term leases to limit exposure.
- Rent: Work at home – look for write-offs.
- Rent: Allow virtual office at home; test employee productivity.