Part 3 of a 3 part series
- Increased selling expenses.
- Increased overhead expenses.
- Significant adverse deviations from budget.
- Significant increase in a particular line item’s cost.
Steps to Improve: CUTTING TRAVEL COSTS
- Require and review expense reports.
- Charge to clients; shop travel costs; go per diem.
- Use a good commercial agency.
- Learn supplier cost structure.
- Take advantage of local seminars to trim travel costs.
- Use association discounts.
- Use weekend stay-overs.
- Use meal per diem.